Cooking is such an activity that one can enjoy alone or together to relieve stress and have a fun time together. Cooking is also an effective way of bringing out the creative side of your kid.
Here are the top 4 fun and easy recipes to make with kids to make their holidays a little bit more colourful and joyous.
1. Banana Pancake Muffins
There’s nothing better than a perfectly set batter in the morning for breakfast. And when you are cooking with kids, that too, a pancake turned muffin, every smile counts. Also, you can store them for up to three months.
- Pancake mix
- Milk maple syrup
- Optional toppings or mix-ins
- Preheat the oven and mix the pancake mix, milk, egg and maple syrup.
- Spray muffin tin with non-stick spray or apply muffin liners.
- Fill in 2/3 of the tin. Also, add mix-ins if you are using any.
- Let it bake for about 15 minutes.
- Bring out when done. Serve them hot or store and serve.
2. Breakfast Quesadillas
This may be the easiest and tastiest recipe to make with your little sunshine. This takes around half an hour to make and tastes heavenly. With a nice and crisp golden exterior and fluffy, gooey stuffing, there can be nothing better to start your day.
- Black beans
- Butter or extra virgin olive oil
- Green onion
- Whole grain tortilla
- Cheddar cheese
- Salsa or hot sauce
- Pickled jalapeno (optional)
- Whisk the eggs in a bowl with salt, and hot sauce.
- Add the beans once they are well blended.
- Add butter to a skillet and pour the egg blend.
- Once the eggs are done, stir in the cilantro, jalapeno and green onion.
- Cook the tortilla in another pan over medium heat and add cheddar cheese on one side.
- Add the scrambled egg and sprinkle more cheese.
- Fold the tortilla and let it cook until crispy and golden.
- Once done, slice the quesadilla and serve it with salsa.
3. Ten Minute Naan Pizza
Pizza? That too at breakfast? Your kids will be up early in the morning for this recipe for sure once they hear this magic word.
- Mozzarella cheese
- Parmesan cheese (optional, for taste)
- Pizza sauce
- Apply the pizza sauce to the naan.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese.
- Add fresh herbs if available.
- Add basil and you are good to go.
4. Salad in a Jar
Is there a kid-friendly recipe that’s also healthy? Yes, there is and we’ve got you covered with our ‘salad in a Jar’. The best part is you can let your kid choose the ingredients.
- 4 veggies of your choice (e.g.- carrots, strawberries, peas, avocados and corn)
- Ham or chickpeas for protein (optional)
- Strawberry dressing or any of your favourite dressing
- Mason jar
- Slice up and lay out all the ingredients on a plate.
- Start with the dressing and layer the ingredients as per your choice.
- Add the toppings.
- Finish with some leafy green.
These 4 colourful fun and easy recipes to make with kids will surely bring a lot of smiles to their faces, fill their tummies and satiate their taste buds. Cooking with kids can be fun and a creative experience. But make sure they understand kitchen safety rules.